Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Gossip Girl: I'm smitten

To be honest, I had low expectations for GG. I'd heard mixed things before I turned on my DVR this morning, but an hour later I am hooked! Characters are well established; Manhattan locations are on-point (Serena and Nate hooking up at the Campbell Apartment--classic!); drama is firmly in place. I cannot wait for the second episode. The clincher was that I got a little nostalgic when I met Chuck. Anyone else agree with me that the new Steff is in town?

James Spader as "Steff" in Pretty in Pink, 1986:
spader.jpg

Ed Westwick as "Chuck" in Gossip Girl, 2007:
ewestwick.jpg

PS-Check out my interview about Violet on the Runway with The Urban Muse, and leave a comment if you like it!

8 comments:

Lis said...

I have to say I'm loving GG. Looking forward to the new episode tonight

Ha Ha Sound said...

I have to admit that I kind of liked this show, but I had to force myself to stop watching. I was afraid that I might eventually think that it was anything other than a guilty pleasure.

But I do confess to having a massive crush on Blake Lively.

zeplin912 said...

Oh thank you for the comment!

Um, have you read the GG books?

Barrie said...

I have not even tried it! How fun. A new show. :)

Cynthia said...

I've never seen GG. I will admit here and now, but deny it if anyone ever asks...I still watch One Tree Hill. I just wanted to say, I loved James Spader in Pretty in Pink *crush*!

Misque Writer said...

Haven't watched it yet, but maybe I'll give it a peek.

Ria said...

I love Composition notebooks especially. ;]

Tavi said...

Hate to admit that I don't watch Gossip Girl, but my friend is trying to get me into it. However, I am a huge fan of Pretty In Pink. Ah, 80's movies.